Thursday, September 18, 2008

Summer 2008 has been memorable--both good and bad. Despite the lack of blog entries, it has been anything but boring! Dylan completed second grade and settled into his daily routine at the Boy's and Girl's Club.

In July, the clinic was notified that the space it had occupied rent-free for 5 years would be demolished in 60 days. We were scrambling to secure low-cost/no-cost space to continue services uninterrupted while struggling to meet the growing needs. I was blindsided by the Board's decision to "restructure" and eliminate my role at the clinic in mid- August. To say it has been difficult would be an understatement. My heart, once again, has been ripped out and stomped upon. I am reeling--trying to pick up the pieces and figure out where I go from here. So much of who I had become was related to the many hats I wore at the clinic.

My days are amazingly open now and it is an unfamiliar place for me. After a month in my black hole, I am beginning to come back among the living. People have very supportive and several have shared their stories of similar injustices. Having learned never to say "Never", I will have to think long and hard before working for another Board of Directors in the near future. For me it would be an invitation to be abused. Knowing God has been faithful in the past, I am trusting he will be faithful in the future. Besides, He holds it all in his very large capable hands. I am looking for my next opportunity and to date have a couple of viable leads. Hoping I can transfer my experiences and passions into another worthwhile cause.

Kelly is getting more home cooked meals and fresh baked treats. I am volunteering in Dylan's classroom and with the United Way Campaign and focusing on Mom-things. Trying to use this unexpected sabbatical to work on my "to-do" list and carve out some me time to heal my wounded spirit. We will sent some pictures and other updates soon.