Monday, December 03, 2007

I love Christmas trees! Kelly was challenged to find a place for each of my Santa ornaments. He thought we were almost done when I opened up yet another box filled with my holiday treasures. Dylan was a huge help putting the tree together. He prefers to play with the ornaments, incorporating Santa into his action figure fantasies instead of finding their proper place on the Christmas tree. He was mostly intrigued by the bubble wrap used to package my fragile ornaments. (Remind me--why we are buying more toys for Christmas, when bubble wrap will do??!!) It was fun decorating together. Dylan helped separate the Christmas presents between our two trees--one upstairs and one downstairs. I wonder if he will shake and arrange the presents as much as Angie and I did. As an only child, he probably isn't compelled to check "How many?" as much as we were.

Dylan has discovered games, so almost every night we are challenged. Thankfully, he is finally understanding the rules (and the consequences if you don't follow them!), so it is a fun time. We are playing Trouble and an occasional round of Candy Land. Although he prefers video/computer games (just like Kelly), he loves playing games with us. Kelly and I have rediscovered Scrabble and play it each night after Dylan goes to bed. Other than re-runs of Jay Leno, the writer's strike really hasn't affected us.